Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Godzilla Bunnies Take Over Orange County

You know you are in trouble when you are happy to see that your home has not succumbed to the awaiting destruction from within. When I arrived home yesterday from work, I was pleased to see that the apartment was still in existence and the bunnies hadn't reduced the house to kindling. I wasn't too sure in the morning since they have taken to rattling the cage front like Frankenstein monsters and the apartment always seems in immediate peril. They get a lot of floor time, roughly 12 hours while we're home, but I can't blame them for wanting to get out more. I keep saying the same thing. Let's hope they don't decide to start breathing fire or eating metal.
I was also pleased to see that I had a package, my posters has arrived.Two months ago I ordered posters online with the hopes that they would arrive right before we moved. They hadn't. Our diligent postman stopped service the day it was meant to be delivered and shipped them back to the company. After two weeks of waiting and constant discussions with the company about return dates and various forms of incompetence (mostly mine) the package was shipped back to me...minus two that were damaged and would have to be replaced. I still haven't heard anything about those two....
So here I was, in the quiet of our bedroom with bunnies nudging my toes, listening to crack of a cardboard tube and feeling the glue give way as posters slipped from their casing and unfurled on my bed. My smiles were met by the smiling face of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. I breathed a quiet sigh of relief as I shuffled around tacking up Audrey Hepburn and palomino ponies. Finally, this place is starting to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment